OIL & GAS
1. The Power Pak®Filter Press is an excellent piece of equipment for situations where large volumes of water are not available for continuous dewatering, the location relative to dumping is remote, or for when a dryer sludge cake is desired—meeting or exceeding 20% Total Suspended Solids (TSS).
The Power Pak® Filter Press is a very effective and reliable technique utilizing an automatic, recessed plate and frame filter press. Plate and Frame Filter Presses have been used in a large variety of processes such as remote oil wells or off-shore oil rig dewatering, sugaring or sugar refineries, mineral mine dewatering, ultrafine coal dewatering, ready mix concrete water recovery, metal concentrate recovery, and large scale fly ash pond dewatering.
2. First the sludge must be 1% Total Suspended Solids (TSS). Recessed Plate and Frame Filter Presses such as Flo Trend’s Power Pak® operate best at 1.5-2.5% TSS. In many cases a .4% TSS feed rate is common and the sludge is first put through a slurry tank where diatomaceous earth (DE) or other thickening agents are added.
3. The air over pressure hydraulic pump engages and presses the plates together at a high pressure. This sludge is then pumped through the center feed, where it flows between fixed vertical plates.
4. The fluid passes through the filter media of the plates and a cake of solids forms on the media.
5. The fluid passes through the drain field ports at the edges of the plate and flows through the corner outlet eyes of the plates. This water circulates back out through the drainage ports.
6. Once the filter cycle is complete the hydraulic pressure is released, the plates are separated, and the solid material is discharged.
OIL & GAS OPTIONS & APPLICATIONS
- Dry Chemical Mixing
- Filter Bed Media Moving
- Lift Station Waste
- Lagoon Wastewater
- Remote Location/Limited Water Dewatering
The Jet Shear® Static Mixer and Eductor Combination is an excellent tool for whenever dry chemicals such as lime, ferric, and alum need to be mixed thoroughly and precisely. They are commonly used in industrial, manufacturing, laboratory, and oil field settings. Most specifically they have a history of being used for drilling mud.
This static mixer and educator combination works by first creating a vacuum using the high pressure of the educator, which pulls dry chemicals in from the hopper. Then it splits this water off into two mixing chambers which create concentric jets of water with varying high and low velocity streams. These two streams then collide in a conjoined central chamber and flow out to the next stage of the process.
The Media Mover® is a hopper and eductor combination that is used in conjunction with a bulk bag to move media such as Quartz sand, silica sand, anthracite coal, garnet, or magnetite using pressurized water.
Rather than manually spending hours to move media, this process allows you to simply dump the media into the hopper, where jets of water are sprayed down the walls to allow for the flow of the media. The media is then sucked through the vacuum created by the educator and conveyed via water and hose to the new site.
Lift Station Waste can often be troublesome for the headworks of municipal wastewater plants as the wastewater is often full of inorganic grit and debris.
Large clog causing debris such as sticks, stones, rocks, prophylactic rubber, “flushable” wipes, and rags can easily be handled with the Debris Mate®–the world’s first dewatering container filter with a built-in bar screen.
Whenever a vacuum truck is used The Large Debris Strainer® can also be used. It simply filters large debris inside of its enclosed container through its retractable bar screen, allowing the remaining wastewater to flow out the other side.
Additionally, a Roll-Off Container Filter is an excellent solution to dewatering the grit that is a common cause of wastewater plant jams and clogs.
The Sludge Mate® Dewatering Container Filter has been used in many wastewater lagoons, wastewater ponds, and catch basins. They can be used to dewater effluent before it enters the wastewater pond or lagoon to reduce the biological oxygen demand (BOD), chemical oxygen demand (COD), or simply the volume of the wastewater pond.
If used with a submersible pump, a Sludge Mate® can also be used in dredging operations for wastewater ponds. This has proven particularly handy when repairs are needed to the clay or concrete foundation to maintain Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Wastewater Permit and Regulations.
For a process where the water necessary for a continuous process is not readily available, or frequent waste disposal is problematic and costly, The Power Pak® Filter Press is the perfect method of dewatering.
This reliable method has been used to effectively dewater to over 20% Total Suspended Solids (TSS). It has been favored by such processes as remote oil wells or off-shore oil rig dewatering, sugaring or sugar refineries, mineral mine dewatering, ultrafine coal dewatering, ready mix concrete water recovery, metal concentrate recovery, and large scale fly ash pond dewatering.