The role of Water Filtration Production Manager is key in a growing organization specializing in customizable water filtration systems on a commercial level. Reporting directly to the President and/or Head of Operations, the Production Manager oversees management of all areas of driving manufacturing production, coordinating with sales/procurement and customer service, and direct activities so that approved products are safely manufactured and delivered on schedule to customers and within quality standards and cost objectives.
*Heavy water filtration experience/knowledge is essential for this position. Please do not apply if you do not meet this requirement.* Knowledge of working with dewatering equipment for a variety of industrial companies is necessary.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead/manage delivery of products and services to key customers.
- Work with Sales in the development of new product and service offerings.
- Set and grow the highest standard of manufacturing operations to ensure products conform to established company and customer quality standards with 98% accuracy.
- Previous experience in growing a company’s production by doubling and/or tripling production.
- Lead production team to assure the delivery of products to meet customer need date at 95% or better.
- Lead supervisors and clear roadblocks to help accomplish department goals.
- Control manufacturing/production budget and margins of product. Ex. Can price standardized product but can also have pricing matrixes in place for all customization so that Sales/Procurement can effectively correlate to potential customers.
- Act as liaison between department and other business functions to implement efforts in the best interest of company. Particularly communication between sales, procurement, and accounting so that communication with client but also aware of margins and keeping those in line with profits and production.
- Hire, train, and develop staff. Take corrective action in compliance with company policy and federal and state regulations.
- Reduce costs and improve efficiencies by optimizing and establishing production standards including labor, material, scrap, and rework.
- Develop, implement, and lead safety program and ongoing efforts.
- Develop and implement a preventative maintenance program and ongoing efforts to minimize unplanned equipment downtime.
- Assure ongoing interface and accuracy of inventory system at 98% or better.
- Assure operation is maintained at the highest level of organization and cleanliness.
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required.
Qualifications And Skills
Degree in environmental studies preferred
7+ years’ experience in environmental field services operations (i.e. remediation, abatement, emergency spill response, etc.)
3 years’ experience in supervisory or management in a production environmental field services preferred
Knowledge of federal, state and local environmental regulations
OSHA training and experience
Knowledge of various types of equipment (i.e. vans, flatbeds, vacuum trucks, roll-offs etc.) preferred.
Knowledge of cranes, heavy lift rigging, torch cutting, and demolition and hydro excavation preferred
Lean manufacturing experience a plus
Bilingual: Spanish preferred